EFM01: SPI Flash Configuration with Cesys-Lab

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• EFM01: SPI Flash Configuration with Cesys-Lab

When I want to download my Configuration File to SPI Flash on the EFM01 module using Cesys-Lab I get an Error-message:
      "Code 0x80004005
      Description:
      Call to GetOverlappedResult() failed (GetLastError():00000000,00000000). caused in <ceUSBUni::ceDevice::DeviceIOCall>(..\..\..\source\api\device.cpp318)"

What can I do?
    • Hello,

this error indicates a failed transfer which may have a wide range of reasons. To exclude some usual problems:

- Do you have problems transfering data to / from device in general (there are some sample applications shipping with the UDK) ?
      - How do you power the device, USB / external ?
      - Do you've changed / extended the hardware in any way ?
      - What version / service pack of windows do you use ?
      - Have you ever tried another USB port/cable ?
      - Do you use an external USB-HUB between host / device ?
      - What type of motherboard / USB host controller you are using ? Is it possible to try this on another pc ?

You are free to answer this questions to me directly.
      Thomas
      Software development
      Cesys GmbH
    • automatic configuration after power on

Hello,
      I want my EMF01 to load a configuration file from the spi flash as mentioned in the manual. So I've downloaded the LED_BLINKER.bin to the device with the CESYS-Lab of the SDK via USB. But after power on-off the devices doesn't seem to be loaded with a configuration file (no LED flashing).

Other things work fine (register read/write) etc.

Thanks for the answer.

Best regards
      Dirk
    • Hello Dirk,

can you please tell me a little bit more about the environment you are using the EFM01 in? Is EFM01 powered externally or via USB connector? Do you use it standalone or is EFM01 plugged onto some other board?

After downloading LED_Blinker.bin to SPI-Flash, how do you start EFM01? It is NOT sufficient to just unplug and replug the power supply. To initiate the configuration process (SPI is the standard mode), the FPGA power supply has to be enabled as well. If EFM01 is plugged to a USB port, FPGA power supply stays off until the FX2 controller activates it, which is done automatically by the driver as soon as some software opens the EFM01 USB device. In self- powered mode - with external 5V power supply and no USB connection - PIN18 on connector J4 (PWR_ENA) has to be driven high externally to power on the FPGA and start the configuration process.

Best regards, Michael
      Michael Hufnagel
      [Dipl.-Ing. (Univ.) Elektrotechnik]

CESYS Gesellschaft für angewandte Mikroelektronik mbH
      Hardware- Entwicklung und Validierung
    • Hello Michael,
      I tried to program the EMF01 (I use several of them) via Flash on two ways:
      1. The EMF01 is plugged in another board with a self made routing and is powered with an external power supply.
      There is may be a mistake => I forgot the Power_enable Pin. So I will check it again.

2. I took another EMF01 (new and out-of-the-box) and plugged to the USB port. After programming the FLASH I did a "reboot" by reconnect the USB Port. As you mentioned the FPGA is powered up after the USB controller is connected with the PC correctly. Ithink that I didn't wait long enough.

Thank you for the quick answer. So I only have the appeal that the parts in manual about "EMF01 configuration" and "Loading the SPI Flash via USB" should be described more in detail. May be in two parts "Programming the SPI Flash" and "How to establish an automatic configuration of the EMF01". To my mind I didn't find the information I needed at the parts I expected it.

But last I have to praise CESYS for the very fast support and the good SDK. With it I'm able to integrate the EMF01 in our project in a very short time.

Best regards
      Dirk