EFM01 and SDK

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• EFM01 and SDK

I'm using the Cesys EFM01 and have the full software license of Xilinx EDK.
      Additionally i used your .NET libaries for our GUI.

When i design vhdl applications directly in Xilinx ISE and compile it, i can download this with your tool or with your command.
      But if i design the same application in XPS and SDK, i have three different data types (.bmm, .elf and .bit). I prepare a new bit / bin file by using data2mem and promgen.
      But everytime, when i try to download this new bin file to EFM01 i get the error message: Failed to download design => DONE pin doesn't toggle as expected.

Are there any additional settings for data2mem and promgen?
      Or doesn't the EFM01 support such designs?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Thomas
    • Hi Thomas,

The EFM02 tools configure the FPGA with the mydesign.BIN file, you provide.
      It can not configure the FPGA using a mydesign.bit file.
      When using ISE, you have to mark the box
      Generate Programming File -> Process Properties -> Create binary configuration file
      to produce a mydesign.BIN file.
      Unfortunately, there is no similar option in SDK (or I haven't found it yet)

You can manually convert mydesign.bin to mydesign.bit

In the SDK, choose Xilinx Tools -> Launch Shell.
      The new command prompt will start in the SDK workspace directory.
      CD to the directory of your bin file.
      Run: promgen -u 0 mydesign.bit -p bin -spi -w
      Confirm promgen created/updated the file "mydesign.bin"
      When you've generated the .bin file, you're ready to configure the EFM01.

Alternately, you can add your *.elf file to the ISE project and use "Generate Programming File" in the regular ISE flow, but I haven't tested this.

best regards
      Manfred Kraus

Edit: One more thing. You must use SPI buswidth of 1 when you generate the file (ISE option: -g SPI_buswidth: 1).
      Manfred Kraus
      Cesys GmbH