USB3FPGA bulk transfer error

• USB3FPGA bulk transfer error

Hello,
      I'm still working with your USB3FPGA boards.
      I'm writing because I need some suggestions to solve a problem with the bulk transfer The error happens because we changed the panel pc used to communicate with the board. The new panel pc has the usb 3.0 interface only.
      Up to now we worked with the boards at full speed (usb 1.1) due to an optical interface. With the new panel pc we had to use a usb3.0 optical interface and this means that the cards works at high speed (usb 2.0). This change of speed seems to stay at the origin of the problem.
      The problem is an error during either the bulk writing and the bulk reading. The error happens only in case we have connected two boards to the system through a usb hub.

The error I see is the following: Code 80001003 Description: System error (14:Bad address): ioctl call failed.

The device named ceusb0 works always correctly but the device named ceusb1 shows this error.

If we use only a single board connected to the panel pc, the bulk transfer is perfect.
      The system works on linux gentoo kernel 3.19.8

Do you have some suggestion to try to solve the issue?
      best regards

Claudio
      IGEA SpA
    • Dear Claudio,

thank you for your problem report!

This driver for our USB3FPGA board is more than 10 years old. We cannot guarantee that this
      old USB3FPGA driver works with current PC hardware. We propose the following:

We are willing to provide a new driver for the USB3FPGA board that works with current hardware
      if you pay for the development cost in the context of a formal development order.

The old driver is proprietary, and we have switched to solutions based on the usual open-source
      USB driver for both Windows and Linux called "libusb" for our USB devices many years ago. If we
      provide a new USB3FPGA driver, it will be based on "libusb", too. Switching from the old
      proprietary driver to a libusb-based solution changes the API, so you will have to change your
      application using the driver. These changes will be easy, but you will have to do them.

Please contact sales@cesys.com to request a formal offer for this development order. We are
      glad to help you solve this problem.

Manfred Radimersky
      Software Development
      CESYS GmbH