USB3FPGA driver error

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• USB3FPGA driver error

Hello,
      please could someone give me any suggestion to eliminate the following driver error?

Quellcode

1. Try to access device : /dev/ceusb0
      2. Added : /dev/ceusb0
      3. Try to open device: /dev/ceusb0
      4. Firmware flag is true
      5. Try to access device : /dev/ceusb0
      6. Added : /dev/ceusb0
      7. 1 devices detected.Good Init!
      8. Try to open device: /dev/ceusb0
      9. Exception occured:
      10. Code: 0x80001003Description: USB control message failed ! (caused in <VendorCmd> (device.cpp:212))

The working condition is: we are using a hub between the card and the pc to be able to use two USB3FPGA cards
      If I remove the hub the error disappears.

Thanks
      Claudio
    • Hello,
      a control transfer is a communication part between host controller and FX2. If this fails, the transfer quality must be at a bad level. Do you use an active (external powered) or passive USB hub? In any case, try different hubs and different cables. Active hubs are usually better, as they can increase the quality between hub and device.
      Thomas
      Software development
      Cesys GmbH
    • Thomas,
      I tried to use active hubs and the problem is still present. What is changed is the presence of the error.
      With active hubs, the error I reported is no longer present, but the drivers simply said that the devices /dev/ceusb0 or /dev/ceusb1 are not usable so the answer of the GetDeviceCount() function in the software is that there are no devices found.
      I checked on the pc using the command "lsusb -v" and I found that the operative system recognizes correctly the two usb devices enabling and assigning them the usb port.

Do you have any other suggestion to help me to solve this problem?

Edit: Sorry Thomas, I found that the error was disappeared because the driver was down. So, with the driver working, I confirm that the device is found but the error is still present even in case of active hubs.

Claudio

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von berta ()

• Hello Claudio,

based on this: virtsync.com/c-error-codes-include-errno , error code 71 means EPROTO, protocol error. I assume this means something like, the USB host controller didn't understand the packets received from the device (invalid checksum or something like this). In this case, it is hard to give a specific reason for this cause.

Please run 'dmesg' after the error has be ocurred. Maybe you get additional information about the reason.
      Thomas
      Software development
      Cesys GmbH