USB3FPGA SRAM data transfer using bulk read/write no longer working

• USB3FPGA SRAM data transfer using bulk read/write no longer working

Hi all,
      In my application I need to transfer data from the PC to the SRAM in the USB3FPGA card and viceversa. I did this for a long time using a code sent to me on 2008 from cesys. Now after the last changes in the fpga design, this part of the design stopped to work and I cannot have a correct access to the SRAM.
      I also found that the old code works properly only using the Xilinx ISE
      10.1. If I use the last version of ISE that code is no longer working
      due to timing issues.
      I read the documentation, but the information about the bulk access timing are not complete and it is impossible to me understand how to fix the bug.
      I think that part of the issue could be due to the usage of the BUFGDLL as a clock buffer because it is no longer supported and .
      Attached you find the two files used to manage the bulk transfer and the SRAM access.
      Please, could you give me some suggestions about how to fix the problem?

Thank you
      Claudio Bertacchini
    • Hello Mr. Bertacchini,

it is very difficult with the little information that I have to give you tips.
      I send you a design by email, that has been tested with the ISE 14.3. Maybe it can help you.
      We can not determine any timing problems with this version, although BUFGDLL is still used as clock buffer.
      If you have questions again and I can help you further, do not hesitate to contact me.

with best regards

Torsten Müller
      Torsten
      FPGA/LABView development
      Cesys GmbH